Bsc. Computer Science
a. BSc. Computer Science
The Department of Computer Science (CS) offers Certificate in Applications Development, Certificate in Business Applications, Certificate in Computer Hardware and Networking and BSc in Computer Science degree. The Department also hosts a Cisco Certified Network Associates (CCNA) programme, where students are trained by our dynamic lecturers for the external examinations. Areas of research include analysis of computer security, computer applications in education, algorithms, neural networks, computer graphics, computer animation, artificial intelligence, pattern recognition and retrieval, machine learning, neural networks, computer graphics, computer animation, scientific visualization, computer and sensor vision, image processing, software engineering, web and internet engineering, real-time embedded systems, computer security, databases, parallel and distributed computation, operating systems, and storage systems, image synthesis, multimodal human-computer interaction, programming languages and environments.
The certificate programmes are usually computer within three months, while the degree programme is four years.The Bachelor of Science programme is appropriate for students desiring a somewhat stronger concentration in the sciences, with more courses in computer science and computer engineering as well as courses in physics or mathematics; this programme also allows for electives outside of the sciences.
Duration of Programmes
- Certificate in applications development – 3 Months.
- Certificate in business applications – 3 Months.
- Certificate in computer hardware and networking –3 Months.
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) Training – 1.5 Months.
- BSc. Computer science – 3 or 4 years.
- BSc. Information Technology 3 or 4 years
Admission is open to all who qualify as follows:
- Senior Secondary School Certificate Examination (SSSCE) Holders. Passes in THREE Core Subjects in English, Mathematics and Integrated Science or Social Studies plus passes in THREE Elective Subjects. – Candidates should have aggregate score not exceeding 24
- West African Senior Secondary Certificate Exams (WASSCE) Holders Credit Passes (AI-C6) in THREE Core Subjects in English, Mathematics and Integrated Science or Social Studies plus passes in THREE Elective Subjects. Candidates should have aggregate score not exceeding 36.
- Diploma Holders Diploma holders with FGPA of 3.0 or better from an institution whose diploma programme has been accredited by the NAB or from a foreign institution that is recognized by the NAB may be admitted to Level 100. In addition, applicant should have five (5) passes in GCE/W ASSCE/SSSCE including, Core Mathematics, Core English, and Core Integrated Science/ Agric Science/Social Studies.
- WAEC, ABCE/GBCE: Applicant must present passes from the General Business Certificate Examination (GBCE) and the Advanced Business Certificate Examination (ABCE). Applicant should have 5 Credit passes in the GBCE including English, Mathematics and Integrated Science/ Agric Science/Social Studies, plus 3 passes in the ABCE; one of the passes should be Grade D or better.
- HND Holders: HND holders must have a minimum of Second class (Lower division) in an IT-related or engineering field from NAB accredited or recognized institution. Applicants may be admitted to Level 200.
- General Certificate Of Education( GCE) Holders – Foreign Applicants Only. Applicants must have five credits in GCE “0”Level including English Language and Mathematics. Three passes in GCE “A”Level and a pass in General Paper.
- Mature Applicants: Applicant must be at least 25 years at the time of applying with or without SSSCE/ WASSCE / GCE “0”Level Certificates. Applicant must also pass a mature applicant entrance examinations. In relation to this the College shall in all instances be guided by the University of Ghana Mature Entrance examination and admission requirements.
- Applicant on Transfer From Another University: An applicant who has been enrolled as a regular student in a Bachelor’s Degree course in a recognized university and made satisfactory progress for at least one year may be considered for admission, on presentation of authenticated academic records and the names of two references.
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 50 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 0
- Certificate No
- Assessments Yes