BSc. Information Technology
This degree is specifically designed for those students who wish to specialise in the design and implementation of modern computer-based applications in a business context. The course fosters skill development across a range of tools and development platforms, and encourages students to critically evaluate the role of computer-based systems in business. Emphasis throughout is on what the student learns and can do as a result of the learning. It also enables the demonstration of the graduate attributes of self-awareness, performance in a variety of idioms and contexts and ethical and creative considerations.
The objective of the Information Technology (IT) degree is to provide students with:
- Fundamental knowledge regarding concepts, tools and methods of implementing Information Technology for personal and business use.
- Knowledge and skills for the design and implementation of modern computer-based applications in a business context
- A broad background across fundamental areas of IT
- An in-depth understanding in a particular area of interest.
- Working knowledge of leading-edge technologies
- An industry-validated standards in accordance with current business needs
- An appreciation for the global impact of IT use on society
- Understanding of professional, legal, social and ethical issues with systems development.
- Encourage students to evaluate critically the role of computer-based systems in business.
- Industry, commerce and the public sector with effective and adaptive professionally-minded IT practitioners that the responsibilities and challenges of the IT industry demand.
STUDENTS’ ADMISSION, PROGRESSION AND GRADUATION:Admission Requirements
Admission is open to all who have any of the following qualifications:
- Senior Secondary School Certificate Examination (SSSCE)
Aggregate scoreof24 orbetter.Creditpasses(A-D)in6subjectsincludingMathematicsandEnglish.
- West African Senior School Certificate Examination (WASSCE)
Aggregate score of 36 or better. Credit passes (A1-C6) in 6 subjects including Mathematics and English
- Diploma Holders
Diploma holders with FGPA of 3.0 or better from an institution whose diploma programme has been accredited by the NAB or from a foreign institution that is recognized by the NAB may be admitted to Level 100. In addition, applicant should have five (5) passes in GCE/WASSCE/SSSCE including, Core Mathematics, Core English, and Core Integrated Science/Agric Science/Social Studies.
- WAEC ABCE/GBCE
Applicant must present passes from the General Business Certificate Examination (GBCE) and the Advanced Business Certificate Examination (ABCE).
Applicant should have 5 Credit passes in the GBCE including English, Mathematics and Integrated Science/Agric Science/Social Studies, plus 3 passes in the ABCE; one of the passes should be Grade D or better.
- HND Holders
HND holders must have a minimum of second class (Lower division) in an IT-related field from NAB accredited or recognized institution. Applicants will may be admitted to Level 200.
- General Certificate of Education (GCE) Holders – Foreign Applicants Only
Applicants must have five credits in GCE “O” Level including English Language and Mathematics.
Three passes in GCE “A” Level and a pass in General Paper
- Mature Applicants
Applicant must be at least 25 years at the time of applying with or without SSSCE / WASSCE / GCE “O” Level Certificates.
Applicant must also pass a mature applicant entrance examinations.
In relation to this the College shall in all instances be guided by the University of Ghana Mature Entrance examination and admission requirements.
- Applicants On Transfer From Another University
An applicant who has been enrolled as a regular student in a Bachelor’s Degree course in a recognized university and has made satisfactory progress for at least one year may be considered for admission, on presentation of authenticated academic records and the names of two references.
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 50 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 0
- Certificate No
- Assessments Yes