Master of Philosophy
Department of Mathematics
2 years (Standard Entry)
Modes of Study:
1. Holders of a good B.Ed degree from any recognized university, and should have taught for not less than two (2) years after completion of their degree programmes.
2. Holders of a good B.A or B.Sc degree must, in addition, hold a Postgraduate Diploma in Education(PGDE) or Postgraduate Certificate in Education(PGCE) from the University of Cape Coast or any recognized university and must have taught for not less than two(2) years after completion of their degree programme.
3. Applicants for MPhil in Educational Planning who have knowledge in Economics at the first degree level in addition to (1) and (2) above, will have an advantage.
4. MPhil in Administration in Higher Education: In addition to requirements under (1) and (2) above, applicants who have worked as administrators in Higher Educational Institutions for not less than two years will have an advantage.
5. Candidates would have to pass a selection interview
MAT 801: GENERAL TOPOLOGY
MAT 803: FUNCTIONAL ANALYSIS I
MAT 805: ORDINARY DIFFERENTIAL EQUATIONS I
MAT 807: MODERN ALGEBRA
MAT 809: ADVANCED TOPICS IN OPERATIONS RESEARCH
MAT 811: PARTIAL DIFFERENTIAL EQUATIONS
MAT 813: MATHEMATICAL EPIDEMIOLOGY
MAT 815: COMPUTATIONAL LINEAR ALGEBRA
MAT 804: FUNCTIONAL ANALYSIS II
MAT 806: ORDINARY DIFFERENTIAL EQUATIONS II
MAT 808: BOUNDARY CONDITION FUNCTIONS
MAT 810: COMPLEX ANALYSIS
MAT 812: IMAGE PROCESSING
MAT 814: OPTIMIZATION
MAT 816: OPTIMAL CONTROL
MAT802: MEASURE AND INTEGRATION
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 50 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 0
- Certificate No
- Assessments Yes