Ph.D Animal Science
Doctor of Philosophy
Department of Animal Science
Modes of Study:
A candidate seeking admission into the PhD programme must:
- Have an MPhil degree in Animal Science or related field from a recognized University.
- Candidates with M.Sc. degree (by taught course) in an Animal Science related field wishing to enroll onto the MPhil programme will be required to take additional courses and present a thesis.
- Submit an official transcript of academic record.
- Submit at least three reference reports, one of which must be from a former lecturer.
- Submit a proposal of 3-5 pages of intended area of study including a working bibliography.
- Pass a selection interview
- Satisfy any additional requirements prescribed by the department.
The programme is structured to run for a minimum 3-year period, comprising six semesters of research work in Pasture and Range Management leading to a production of a thesis. There will also be guided reading, participation and presentations at seminars. Candidates may be required to register for designated courses like Research Methods, Experimental Design and Data Analysis, Proposal Writing, and any other courses under the MPhil programme, if deemed necessary. Otherwise, candidates whose background is deemed to be adequate will be exempted from taking MPhil courses.
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 50 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 0
- Certificate No
- Assessments Yes